Thursday, June 26, 2008

Slowly, but surely!


Well, Aden and I are getting through this summer slowly, but surely. Every day seems like a week, and every week seems like a month. All of this Army business needed to wait until we had a year long honeymoon:) Like that would ever happen! So, we're making the best of it! Now that the weather has become HOT, we have been going to the pool and river quite a bit. Aden stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Clymer's house while Bridget was in Dallas and I was working full time! It would be SO great not to work, and be able to spend all of that time with Aden...but somebody's gotta pay the bills while Arthur is off playing in the woods!!












That's a joke, by the way! He works 18-20 hour days, talks to me on the phone in the middle of the night, and gets up at 3:30 am every morning! YUCK! He has been patient and gracious through it all, knowing that it will eventually end! He left today for a 10 day trip into the great woods of Washington, so we most likely won't hear much from him until he gets back. Last year, he told me about the terradactile size mosquitos, swarms of hornets that chased them, and ant hills that were as tall as he is!! Ewww...




Well, please continue praying for Aden and I as we are missing 'husband' and 'daddy' so much! Every time the phone rings, he says, "Is that my daddy?". "No, baby". Then he just hangs his head in disappointment:(. There is a shaky possibility that I will fly out to see Arthur July 10-15, but please keep me in your prayers as I am searching to find a plane ticket! It would be AMAZING to visit him in the middle of this mess, and it would probably comfort both of our hearts as newlyweds more than you will ever know!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

oh abbs that would be so hard. i am glad his family seems to be there for you as well.

i love aden's little flag shorts. he is so cute.

Unknown said...

Oh man, I'm am praying that you'll find a ticket! It would be wonderful if you could go visit!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to go! That would be great! Well, if you need me, I'm still here in HOT Tulsa. :) I do still want to talk sometime, just whenever you have time.