Thursday, June 12, 2008

Missing Daddy!

Well, there's nothing like being an Army wife:) Arthur was stolen away only 2 short weeks after our wedding, and will be gone for 3 1/2 months! This makes it fairly difficult to enjoy that newlywed/honeymooner sensation, but he's doing a great job about trying to call Aden and I when he can. Even though I am extremely grateful for the times we talk, it just never feels like quite enough!

While Arthur is gone, Aden and I basically are doing our best to stay busy. I admit that it's hard to get up and go to work, and sometimes I feel like I am forcing myself to go to church, but we do it. We have been spending some time with Bridget and the kids, some other Army wives that are patiently waiting at home, and with church activities. He went to church camp with Bridget for the first week after Arthur left, which left me a lot of ALONE time!! I have been working full time (yuck!) and Arthur typically calls me around 1 a.m. So, all in all, I'm getting pretty tired! I shouldn't be the one complaining, as Arthur wakes up at 4 a.m. and doesn't stop working until 10 p.m. or later!

I took Garrett, Georgia, and Aden to the creek last weekend-one of my favorite things to do! In Tahlequah, there are plenty of rivers, ponds, creeks, etc. to go get your feet wet in. I only truly like the water where you can see the rocks on the bottom, and have a big fear of what's underneath that dark deep water in the lakes!! Arthur tells me that the snakes and fish are more scared of me than I am of them-and I'm just not sure that's true! My heart starts pounding and I get short of breath...and I just can't get out of the water fast enough!! At the creek, Georgia was in the water when Garrett saw a 3 foot long snake headed straight for her. At first, I thought Garret was just pestering his little sister, but when I saw it-my heart skipped a beat. Georgia quickly moved and the snake whipped around and headed in the other direction. Thank God for big brothers! The problem was, we still had to cross the creek to get to the other side, knowing that this ominous snake had just entered our paths. Eeek! Well, that's all for now. I'm inserting some pics of Aden and daddy at the river the day before he left. Hope you enjoy!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw....Aden is cuter than ever! Those are some adorable Daddy/Son pictures.

Seriously, that snake story gave me the shivers.

I'm glad you get to talk to Arthur frequently! Don't worry, you'll get to enjoy that honeymoon/newlywed feeling when he gets back!!

Novey said...

The snake story didn't bother me so much. Now if it were spiders or the other creepy crawly that I can't even mention b/c it freaks me out too much...

I love the pictures. My favorite was the muscleman one. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love the blog, Abby! I'm so glad I got to see you this weekend, though I came away feeling like I didn't really get to connect with anyone! It was still great to see everybody. If you and Aden get bored, let me know--July is going to be a calm month for us!

Heidi said...

haha tht picture is too cute.