Monday, June 2, 2008

We did it!

Well, we did it! Arthur and I got married on May 17, 2008...and loved every minute of it! It was a quick 4 month engagement, which means not much time to plan. Lord willing, everthing fell in place...photographer, cake, flowers, showers, invitations/programs, decorations, music, and everything in-between. It was a military wedding, so our colors were the proud red, white, and blue that represents America! Arthur looked incredibly handsome in his military uniform, and I had a red and blue sash tacked on to my stark white dress. Aden looked adorable in his little "penguin suit", and was presented with a ring from daddy during the ceremony. It went a little bit like this..."Aden, we are going to be a family now, and I don't want you to feel left out. I got you this ring to show you that I'm making a promise to you. I promise to be the best dad that I can be with God's help".

I don't remember it verbatum, as I was fighting off tears! We had so much fun getting family pictures, and rounding up Aden for each shot! We couldn't have wished for a more beautiful day...sunshine, lots of friends, beautiful decorations, everyone on time, plenty of shade, and a lot of smiles to go around!

Arthur is such an incredible man! Aden and I are extremely blessed to have him as a father and a husband in our lives! The household now feels complete (even if we are still tripping over piles of gifts and dirty laundry from the past month). Aden is all about Arthur since the wedding. Here are some examples of quotes (I kid you not!):

"You are the best daddy in the whole world...mama did you hear me say that?"
"I love you dad"
"I want to hold daddy's hand"
"I want to sit by my daddy"
"Daddy can pray every day"

...and so on! I just can't get over how much Aden has instantly struck up this love for a man that has been in our lives for a long period and hasn't ever experienced it! I hope that Arthur continues to gain confidence in his fathering abilities, and that God will continue to work through Aden's little voice as he boosts that conficence every day.

So, here's the sad part. Arthur had to leave on June 1st and won't fly in until July 29th, only to turn around and leave until mid Sept. Aden and I are counting the days off of a big calendar and will continue to shower him with cards and letters until "daddy" comes home. We love him, and support him, and will continue waiting for him until we begin our new life together in Alabama!

2 comments:

Novey said...

Oh! I'm so happy you're blogging now! And I really am truly happy that you've found someone special. You just looked so happy at the wedding and I am glad I was there to share it with you! And are you trying to make me cry with all your sweet stories? It's a good thing I have allergies so I can just say my eyes are red watery from that instead. I love you!

Unknown said...

YEY!!! Welcome to the blogging world Abs. =) I loved reading the background info, and I can't wait to hear your upcoming stories! I'm thrilled that you're so happy.

Don't forget to post lots of Aden pics--it will help if Mackenzie sees her groom-to-be frequently as they get older. =)

I love you!