Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Full of surprises!

Well, yesterday was a day to be remembered! It was our 1 month anniversary for being married, and little did I know, Arthur was planning a surprise for me! I was sitting at work, all by my lonesome, when in walked a lady carrying a beautiful dozen roses! I initially thought they were from a family member sending their wishes for me while I was alone this week. I kept thinking that until I opened the card. On the inside it read, "Abigail Clymer, Happy Anniversary, I love you baby!!". So basically, I just hung my head and cried! It's only been 2 1/2 weeks since he's been gone, but I miss him so much! It was so thoughtful of him to make me feel special on a day that represents our marriage! The funny thing is, his Army buddies all razzed him saying that he is setting the bar too high for himself! I guess he'll just have to keep it up:)

Aden and I have been sending Arthur pictures and videos on our new cell phones. It's such a God thing that we decided to get the phones right away, because we have been putting them to good use! I wish so badly that I could publish the videos of Aden leaving Arthur a message! Absolutely heartbreaking! It goes something like this...

"Daddy, daddy, I love you! When I come see you, I'm going to give you a hug and a hug and a hug every day. To daddy. From Aden"....it's just the most precious little 4 year old voice you have ever heard! I'm sure it just warmed his heart when he watched it!

I had my 10 year high school class reunion last weekend. I didn't actually graduate from this class...none of us really did. I went to a small private school that split when I was in 10th grade. All of this kids scattered and went to various schools from that point. My great friend, Amanda, took it upon herself to track us all down and get us together for a 'would have graduate together' reunion!! We met for dinner Friday night, and then everyone brought their kids to a park on Saturday! It was so great to see everyone, and I don't think anyone has changed since high school! Maybe at our 'would have graduate together' 20 year reunion!


I can tell you what I have been doing while he's gone...shopping!! I've been taking all of our wedding gift cards and wiping them clean! We talked about waiting until we get to Alabama to make all of the big purchases, but oh well:) If you are one that gave me a gift card, God bless your giving soul! It has blessed me more than just providing a gift! It has given me entertainment to fill an obvious void in my life! I'm not a shopper, but when the money has been given as a g-i-f-t, I will be happy to spend it!! Lord bless you and keep you, and please keep Aden and I in your prayers!

3 comments:

Novey said...

That's so sweet! All of it: the flowers, the recorded Aden vids, the shopping (I am big on shopping!)I will definitely keep praying for you and Aden and Arthur. I'm sure it's hard for him, but at least he's able to keep busy...Miss you lots! Love you.

Unknown said...

Arthur's buddies are right! He has set the standard high, but he can handle it. I mean, c'mon...you were in a hot air balloon over Napa Valley on your honeymoon. He's got a creative, romantic, thoughtful head on his shoulders. =)

Oh my goodness, the gift card shopping sounds oh-so-wonderful! Have fun spending!

Heidi said...

abby i didn't know you had a blog. shame on you. haha just kidding. i am so glad you have one now. i love that i can see what the 3 of you are up to.

i am glad you have found such a great guy.