Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pregnancy...

When Arthur and I decided to get pregnant, we had a completely skewed view! The sunny times, the happy times, the beautiful growing moments together...eerrrrrrr (think car brakes squealing!). This pregnancy has turned out to be close to the opposite!! I hate to be the bearer of bad news to friends and family that might think that I'm 'glowing', but ouch! This is hard! When we were basking in the joy of making a baby we didn't really stop to think about these things...weight gain, hip pain, heartburn, shortness of breath, lack of energy, mood swings, sleepless nights, swollen ankles/body, irritability/tearfulness, frequent bathroom breaks (5 times nightly, hence the lack of sleep), and the increased awareness of scents around you (as in a new husband's breath and body odor after he works out!). Nobody told me that I would be so fearful of going into labor and delivery again (if you don't know...it was B-A-D for me, and seems to be great for all of my friends...hence the frustration).

So, friends and family, this is my pregnancy in a nutshell. I'd love to blow flowers and bubbles in the air, but unfortunately I just don't have the energy to do that anymore!! I love my husband, and he is forever trying to please me...poor guy. I love my son, he is forever kissing my belly and telling his baby sister that he "can't wait for her to come out to play". I love my daughter that's growing inside me, who never stops kicking my bladder or my ribs! I love my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who can conquer any fear that I might be experiencing and be the unwavering truth in my life! I love my family members and friends that encourage me, knowing this experience is completely different for me and reminding me of that each time we talk (I have tears as I type that)! Oh, and I love meeting strangers that say I look so 'small' for being this far along. HAHAHAHAHA:) They don't know how much I've gained, and neither do you!!

I have 13 weeks to go. PRAISE GOD!! Oh, and before the next time we decide to have a baby we have to meet 2 criteria: 1)I'll be in the best shape of my life, 2)Arthur will be deployed (due to all of the reasons listed above!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Ab!!! Hang in there! You're almost done and then you'll have a beautiful baby girl to show for all those not-so-wonderful pregnancy symptoms. She's so blessed to have you as her mommy!!!

I'm praying for you!

oh, and labor and delivery WILL be better 2nd time around!

SUAREZ FAMILY BLOG said...

Hang in there Abigail! I had an awful pregnancy as well. I vomited almost every day for the first 4.5 months then I never got much of a belly so it just looked like I was fat. I got the same comments you did but as you already know it is all worth it in the end. I will be praying for you!!