Monday, February 2, 2009

Finally, an update:)

So, I haven't posted in about a month, but now I have a lot to share!! We were able to come home and visit family over Christmas! Thankfully, since we had been missing them very much! Our first stop was in Tahlequah to visit my sisters, brother-in-laws, and kids. We had a few days of playing games, eating too much food, having girl talk/boy talk, and watching the kids put on a talent show! So much fun, and EXTREMELY hard to say goodbye!

Our next stop was in Edmond at Arthur's dad's house. We had more good food, lots of entertainment, watched the OSU bowl game, went ice skating, bowling, and were blessed by exciting gifts at Christmas for us and the baby!

The final stop before we came home was Arthur's mom's house. Again, we had great food, entertainment, had a night out watching fireworks for New Year's (Aden's first time to stay awake that late and he LOVED it!), and then had to pack up for the long drive home. So, Aden ended up crying for about an hour and a half the night before we left, because he was having a really hard time saying goodbye to all we had just experienced. He said, "There's no family in Alabama!". Needless to say, mommy held him and had a few tears myself! He took about 3 naps on the 14 hour car ride home, I propped up my swollen pregnant ankles, and Arthur took on most of the driving!

In more recent news...Aden had his school pictures taken last Friday, we've been hunting down awesome baby deals through craigslist.com every day, have been attending a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University at a local church (great program for anyone!!), have still been searching for a church, been on a homemade dessert kick (bananas foster, grapefruit cake, homemade doughnuts, coffee cake, lemon bars, cookies, etc) and preparing the house for upcoming visitors! We are looking forward to having family come to visit us for the first time since we've lived here!! After that...the baby will be here soon! The baby is due in May, but there is always a chance to go early (or late). Please keep us in your prayers!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post Ab! Oh my goodness, Aden's comment about no family in AL broke my heart! I know my kids are going to have similar feelings when move back. So sad!

I'm so glad that you've been getting and finding stuff for baby girl. When I get my act together, look for some goodies in the mail. =)

Wow, I remember baking up a storm when I was pregnant with Deacon. It seemed that everynight I was on the internet, trying to find a new yummy dessert recipe.