Friday, June 5, 2009

The joys of being a mom...

One thing I haven't really mentioned is how happy I am to be a new mom! There are so many joys that come with it! Here are a few to mention (among the many):

*Feeling her tiny fingers wrap around mine


*Watching her melt with relief when she hears my voice


*The excitement I feel every time I hear a burp or see a 'poopy' diaper


*Quiet moments in the middle of the night when I feed her


*Pulling her hands through the arm holes in onesies-I feel like I've accomplished a mission every time



*Her contentment as she takes a warm bath

*Her bald head:)

*Tiny FEET!! They are my favorite!


*Random smiles that are so big and quick-there's so way to capture them on camera

*Watching Aden sing to her or play peek-a-boo, even though she probably can't see him yet-he's a great big brother! I can see God's preparation in his heart and actions

*Seeing Daddy be a natural born father! He makes it look easy!


Okay, so here are some pics that have been taken since she was born. She's 7 weeks old today!

3 comments:

SUAREZ FAMILY BLOG said...

What precious moments. My litle one is already 9 months and I have already forgotten some of these special moments you mentioned. Thanks for sharing and thanks for posting such great pictures. She is adorable!!!!

Amanda said...

Can't believe she's already getting so big. I sure hope I get to see her before she's as big as Aden! :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet post! Both you and she will love looking back on that post when she's older. What a gorgeous baby girl!